This post is dedicated to Neon Dreams and those who dare to dream.
I only discovered Neon Dreams (www.neondreams.ca) a day before Tyler Shaw’s concert at Richmond Hill Centre for the Performing Arts, when I got the concert reminder notice and saw they were one of the opening acts. Craig Stickland was the other opening act. As most people would probably do these days, I did a quick Google and started to dance, clap and snap my fingers the moment I listened to their song, About You. Take a listen below.
What’s bonus? They are Canadian!
I am like a big kid at these concerts and LOVED the opportunity to meet all the artists (Neon Dreams, Craig Stickland and Tyler Shaw). My daughter knows I am a suck and teases me about it. This morning, she was like…Adrian…haha!
It was really great chatting with Frank and Adrian about their musical inspiration; and learning what a kick-drum is lol!
Neon Dreams is made up of Frank Kadillac (singer and Eukele player) and Adrian Morris (drummer, guitarist, etc.). There is just something really special about this duo. Watching them on stage was almost a surreal experience. I found it difficult to pinpoint exactly what it was that made me feel the way I do. So, I kept thinking about it…
This is day 3 after the concert and I am still trying to figure it out. I guess it’s a vibe…
But here’s what I did come up with:
- Their music is fresh and has an upbeat vibe. What a difference to listen to ‘happy’ music instead of sad love songs.
- Frank is totally charismatic and approachable. His smile is heart-melting 🙂
- On stage Frank was totally commanding the crowd – we could all feel the energy in the audience. Everyone was having a good time.
- In terms of arrangements, the drums were close to the stage (versus in the back) – which really showcased Adrian.
- I have always been a huge fan of the sound of drums. Adrian is the best and coolest drummer I ever met. He was just part of the drums. I never heard the array of drum sounds (I didn’t know drums make those sounds) that he played, so it blew me away. He was just bouncing around and crossing his arms to bang the cymbals on the opposite side with amazing power and ease. Adrian makes it look so easy – just for fun I tried to cross my arms the same way, but they are so stiff! What’s a bit embarrassing, he probably noticed me staring at him, because he pointed out that I was in the front row lol!
Here are 2 of my other fav songs so far:
In this thing called life, we never know who or what might inspire us – but it’s important to have an open mind and just go where the wind takes us. Thanks Neon Dreams for giving my brain some stimulating new tunes. Cheers!