From egg to flying bird in just a few weeks
As I get older, I really appreciate that our time on earth is limited. This time is further limited because of disease, environmental toxins, work-related accidents, road accidents, etc.
The lifespan of birds is generally shorter, but nature has a way to speed up development for survival. For example, the beautiful blue robin egg and baby birds (pictured above). The eggs hatched and within a few weeks, the baby birds learned to fly. The robin built this beautiful nest in my blue spruce tree in my backyard last summer. Just a peer between the branches and we could capture one of mother nature’s most beautiful creations.
I reflect on life every day and have compiled a list of top 6 actionable things (some of them may seem similar, but it is the philosophy/attitude behind each one that makes them different)
- Live every day like it’s your last.
- Live with no regrets. If there is something you want to do, just do it.
- Don’t think. Just DO!
- Carpe Diem (my fav latin phrase) – Seize the day!
- Don’t make yourself an overwhelming list of to-dos. Just complete one thing at a time so you feel like you have accomplished something.
- Do something that inspires you.
In this thing called life, time does not go backward, so make every second count.